Skip to main content

Space on campus is managed by a variety of different sources. Check out the FAQs to find out contact people to reserve classrooms, outdoor spaces, and other areas on campus. Please note that only certified signatories may reserve campus space on behalf of an RSO.


How can I reserve an outdoor space?

Event Services manages all of the campus outdoor spaces, including Memorial Glade, Lower Sproul Plaza, Campanile Esplanade, Upper Sproul, South Tree Line, Savio Steps, Sather Gate Crescent (East), Faculty Glade, VLSB Lawn, Kroeber Plaza, Barrows Courtyard, and Dwinelle Plaza. Check out Event Services for more information on policies and how to reserve.

How can I make a classroom reservation?

Student groups are eligible to reserve the 200+ general assignment classrooms available through Classroom Scheduling. Only signatories are eligible to reserve classrooms.

How can I make a reservation with Cal Performances for Hearst Greek Theatre, Wheeler Auditorium, Zellerbach Playhouse, or Zellerbach Auditorium?

Cal Performances venues are an incredible resource for RSOs.  Use the Cal Performances Current Booking Process handout to guide you through the process.

What other areas on campus can I reserve?

The following areas on campus are available for reservation:

Anna Head Alumnae Hall: To learn more, or make a reservation, click here.

Hearst Gym Practice Space: Practice space in Hearst Gym for Student Organizations is maintained through Event Services.

Multicultural Center at the Hearst Annex: This area is reservable for certain events and is managed the the Office of Cross Cultural Student Development. Priority is given to multicultural and cross cultural events. All MCC events must be open to the entire campus community and free of charge.

Wheeler Hall, Zellerbach Hall & the Greek Theatre: These venues are managed by Cal Performances. RSOs can use these spaces for a fee. For availability and estimates, email with the name of your student group, the dates/times for your event, the venues you are interested in, and info about the type of event you are planning.

Payment note for ASUC sponsored groups: Once you have received an estimate for costs to use these facilities, you can request a Purchase Order to finalize the reservation of the space. Also, your Organization Advising & Student Involvement Services (OASIS) Advisor must sign the Cal Performances Reservations Request Form.

International House: For reservation information, visit their website.