Skip to main content


What is a signatory?

Signatories are University and Organization Advising & Student Involvement Services (OASIS) authorized representatives of the organization that voluntarily assume responsibility for the activities and conduct of the organization. Signatories are responsible for ensuring that their RSOs:

How do I become a signatory for my organization?

To become certified, a signatory must complete the Signatory Training bCourse. Please note that during the academic year signatory status is added to CalLink profiles at least once per week.

Who is my organization’s advisor?

OASIS advisors each work with specific categories of organizations. To find out who your advisor is, go to CalLink, navigate to your organization’s page, and click on Profile. At the top of the page you should see a sentence that says something similar to “Parent Organization: Super Awesome Category – Advised by Oski Bear.)

If you want to make an appointment to see your advisor, call (510.703.4115) or email OASIS ( front desk. Please note we do not accept same-day appointments.

How can my organization get office & storage space?

The ASUC Office of the Executive Vice President offers and manages office and storage space for student organizations in Hearst Gym, Eshleman Hall, and B North. Questions can be sent to and spaces have already been allocated for the 2023-2024 academic year. 

The space application and management process:

  1. You must be an ASUC Sponsored organization.
  2. Apply for space during the annual application process through the office of the ASUC Executive Vice President. This takes place during March or April. Decisions will be made in April. Final allocations are determined after applications and appeals are finalized.
  3. To gain access to your space, a member of your organization must attend a student space orientation, usually held in late April or early May.
  4. Move in/out day happens in May, or as facilitated by the ASUC EVP.
  5. Space is allocated on an annual basis – you must apply every year, and you may be asked to change or reduce your space, based on the discretion of the EVP’s office.

How can I get a website for my organization?

RSOs are provided organizational pages on CalLink, but many choose to maintain their own sites. In order to create a website, your organization will need two things:

  1. A domain name
  2. Hosting

A benefit to being an RSO is that you’re eligible for a domain name. There are two ways to apply for a domain:

  1. Through the Open Computing Facility (OCF) The OCF also offers free hosting to student organizations, and they can help you install WordPress or other content management systems to help you more easily manage your website. Please note that they are NOT a web design service.
  2. Host the website off campus. Please note that if you choose this option, you will have to purchase or provide hosting from a third party.

If your organization does not want, or is not eligible for, a domain name, you can purchase domain names (e.g. from third party vendors. Note: If you choose to do this, you may not use University Trademarked names as part of your domain (e.g. Cal, Berkeley, Oski, etc.) without permission from the Office of Business Contracts and Brand Protection. If you’re setting up a website for your RSO, please make sure you’re familiar with the Student Organization Domain Name Guidelines.

Can my organization get a mailbox?

All registered student organizations can receive mail at OASIS. The mailing address for organizations is:

Organization Name
University of California – OASIS
312 Eshleman Hall, MC 4500
Berkeley, CA 94720-4500

Can my organization checkout any audio/visual equipment?

All RSOs are eligible to check out AV equipment to use at their group meeting or event. This equipment is managed by Event Services, and includes projectors, sound systems, etc. Equipment is available at the Student Tabling Pod on Sproul.

RSOs may also work Berkeley Student Media to check out equipment. The Equipment Checkout Program is a free resource for members of registered Publication and Media organizations to checkout camera, audio, lighting, and other media equipment. 

Where can I find my organization’s constitution?

RSO Constitutions, along with other important documents, information about finances, and the organization’s roster, can be found as a public document at the group’s CalLink page in the documents tab.

What other resources are available for my organization?

RSOs have access to ASUC and Graduate Assembly resources. ASUC resources include:

For more information on ASUC resources, contact the ASUC Admin Office at or see the ASUC Website. For more information on ASUC resources, contact the ASUC Secretariat.

Graduate Assembly resources include:

Additional resources include: