Leaders influence others to follow, through vision, direction, inspiration, management and more.
Whether you feel like a natural leader or leadership skills are something you want to advance further, the Berkeley Student Leadership Academy can help you discover your own abilities while exploring various components of holistic leadership development.
Registration for the Student Leadership Academy has now closed for Fall 2023. Please complete the Spring 2024 interest form to receive information about Spring 2024 registration when it is available. Interested participants will still need to complete registration process in Spring 2024.
What is the Berkeley Student Leadership Academy?
The Berkeley Student Leadership Academy is a series of engaging workshops and customized experiences that help undergraduate students develop leadership competencies. The workshops relate to leadership, engagement, and diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) on campus.
Registered participants will receive information about Berkeley Student Leadership Academy workshop series, specialized content, and access to mentorship and networking opportunities.
Students who complete a minimum of seven workshops (in one academic year) and finish final requirements will receive a certificate at the Oski Leadership Awards Ceremony in April.
Completing the Berkeley Student Leadership Academy prepares students to:
- Connect leadership experiences and learning, on campus and beyond
- Engage in conversations and enhanced learning pertaining to leadership, communication, conflict resolution and feedback, and DEIB within the campus community.
- Use self-reflection to explore values, strengths and areas of growth related to leadership development
How To Participate
- Register for the 2023-2024 Berkeley Student Leadership Academy by the deadline.
- Sign up using your UC Berkeley student email address.
- Receive information about the Academy’s workshop series, access to specialized content, and gain access to mentorship and networking opportunities. Participants will be added to the Academy’s e-newsletter listserv with program information and access to bCourses page.
- Attend workshops. Earn certificate. Attend celebratory event!
- Complete a minimum of seven workshops throughout the academic year. (Four are required. You select the remaining three topics.)
- Complete reflection requirements to receive a certificate of leadership presented at the Oski Leadership Awards Ceremony at the end of the academic year.
Berkeley Student Leadership Academy Virtual Informational Sessions*
- Information Sessions for Spring 2024 will be announced soon.
Berkeley Student Leadership Academy Registration Closes (will reopen again for the Spring 2023 semester).
- Tuesday September 12, 2023 at 11:59pm PST
- Thursday September 21, 2023, 4-6pm PST (details shared with registered participants)
Participants attend a minimum of (7) workshops [4 required workshops, 3 workshops of choice] and complete reflection requirements during one academic year. Participants can take workshops in both fall and spring semesters to complete the requirements. Workshop information is outlined below. Registered participants will receive information about each workshop, how to RSVP, and access to specialized content.