VIRTUAL FALL CALAPALOOZA 2020
Cal’s semesterly Calapalooza will be online this semester! Registered student groups will be able to recruit new and continuing students using their imagination and technology in a virtual environment.
Calapalooza will be held Aug 31 through Sept 4.
8/31 from 4pm to 6pm – Calapalooza Fall 2020 – Virtual Day 1 (Academic, Arts, Media & Film Orgs)
9/1 from 4pm to 6pm – Calapalooza Fall 2020 – Virtual Day 2 (Cultural & Identity, Health & Wellness, & Environmental & Sustainability)
9/2 from 4pm to 6pm – Calapalooza Fall 2020 – Virtual Day 3 (Service, Recreational, & Performing Arts)
9/3 from 4pm to 6pm – Calapalooza Fall 2020 – Virtual Day 4 (Professional, Spiritual,& Publications)
9/4 from 4pm to 6pm – Calapalooza Fall 2020 – Virtual Day 5 (Departmental, Political & Advocacy, & Technology)
Preliminary recruitment tips to get started:
- Update your org’s CalLink page as it’s a recruitment tool. New students attending Golden Bear Orientation are guided there.
- Signatories should monitor the org roster in CalLink for interest from prospective students (and reach out to them), as well as review pending memberships requests.
- Convert your posters, fliers, and banners to a digital medium.
- Record your members over Zoom or video highlighting how your org impacts the student experience and why students should join.
- Plan for a few virtual info sessions/events now and have those dates/times set by the first day of school.
- Coordinate Facebook/Instagram Livestreams for your organizations.
- Develop an activity (i.e. survey, game, interactive activity) for a virtual session to help break the idea and get new students get connected to your organization.
Just as many returning students are anxious to Recharge, Rejuvenate, and “Return,” newly admitted first year, transfer, and graduate students are ready to Connect, Community-build, and Create their Cal Experience. The LEAD Center can help you do all of this in our new virtual environment.
If you have questions, please contact the LEAD Center at (510) 642-5171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.