The Student Environmental Resource Center (SERC) cultivates a collaborative space to strengthen the collective effectiveness of the sustainability community, and provides resources for students to actualize their visions of a more equitable, socially just and resilient future.
SERC advises all registered student organizations and students with an interest in environmental sustainability.
Vision: Sustainability education for every UC Berkeley student.
How to Get Involved
- Attend or volunteer with SERC’s programs and events. View the SERC Calendar for upcoming events.
- Apply for a grant from The Green Initiative Fund.
- Contribute to the SERC Blog.
- Join the Words of the Watershed Journal staff.
- Need additional units? Take a SERC DeCal.
- Join a UC Berkeley student sustainability or environmental organization.
- Represent your student organization on the Environmental Coalition (ECO).
- Apply for a SERC or TGIF student staff position through Callisto.
- Join the annual UC Berkeley Earth Week Planning Committee.
- Sign-up for the SERC e-newsletter or like the SERC Facebook page.
- Download the free SERC-Chinook Book Mobile App and utilize sustainability resources and coupons to local green businesses.
- Attend SERC Office Hours and received advising from a SERC advisor.
Nature Village Sustainable Family Living Program
Zero Waste Research Center
You can find SERC and TGIF at bNorth in the MLK Basement.
Questions? Contact a SERC Advisor.