CalLink is the online central hub for Registered Student Organizations at UC Berkeley. Students utilize CalLink to help with a variety of functions of their organization, from managing purchase requests to getting After Hours Access to Eshleman.
Organization Profile> At top Displays Organization Profile> Advisor Name Listed
Go to your organization’s home page and click on Profile at the left side of the page. You will be brought to a new page.
- At the top of the profile page it will say your organization’s name with your organization’s profile picture next to it and here you will find both your the category your group belongs to and who advises it.
- The first thing displayed under your organization is the category your group belongs to followed by your advisor.
- Find out how to reach them by visiting http://lead.berkeley.edu/lead/staff or by reaching out to the LEAD Center at (510) 642-5171 or at email@example.com.
Organization Profile> Choose “Messaging” under “Roster Menu”> Select “Create Relay”> Click Generate> Create Message and Send
- Navigate to your organization and click on the sidebar menu. Once this propagates, click on Roster.
- Select Messaging under the Roster menu
- Select Create Relay
- Use the filters to define the group of users that you would like to send your message to
- Enter a title for your relay (i.e. weekly newsletter, event invitation, etc…)
- Click Generate
A new screen called the Relay Details page will appear
- Click the Temporary Relay Address and your default email application will open
- Create your message and send it
Below is a breakdown of the different tabs and resources available within your RSO’s CalLink page.
To access these features, you will need to be a member of the organization. Start by clicking into your organization, which can be found under Memberships at the bottom of the Home page of CalLink. Then, you will need to click the “Manage Organization” button, located in the upper right. From there, select the 3 lines icon on the top left hand corner to access the features explained below.
CalLink Rosters should be updated every semester to reflect new members joining, as well as the leaving of graduating members. This is very important as all RSOs are required to have at least 4 signatories on their roster at all times, or else their RSO status will be jeopardized.
If you are anticipate listing the RSOs you are a part of in graduate school applications or resume for a job or internship, it is important to add yourself onto Rosters for RSOs you are a part of, since we use the Rosters as verification of participation in your organizations.
To make changes to the CalLink Roster, you must first be assigned a Callink Roster Position with Roster access privileges. For example, the Primary Contact, Signatory, ASUC/GA Agent, or an organization created position that has the Roster access privileges.
- Look up the name of the RSO and click their page.
- Click the blue “Join” button in the top right hand corner of the page. The primary contact will approve your status, so if you still are not listed as a member of their RSO on CalLink, you can reach out to the primary contact.
You can end your own membership of the RSO by going to your RSO’s Roster and clicking the “END MEMBERSHIP” button on the top left hand side with the Trash Can Icon. See below how to remove someone else from a Roster.
Click “Roster> Check Box of member you wish to remove> Click “End Membership”> Confirm
- Navigate to your Roster by clicking the sidebar to the left and selecting Roster. See: How do I access the roster?
- Locate the member you’d like to remove.
- Check the box on the far left of the member’s name.
- Click “End Membership” at the top of that tab.
- Confirm deletion.
** This will remove the user from your organization completely. To remove a user from holding a position, access the pencil icon to the far right of the user. **
Go to Roster Menu > Click Manage Roster> Choose “Invite People”> Enter Berkeley Email Address of Recipient> Select “Member”> Click “Send Invitations”
From the Roster menu option on your organization’s page:
- Click the “Invite People” link in the tab on the right side of the page.
- Enter the Berkeley e-mail addresses you’d like to send membership invitations to. Please start a new line for each e-mail address; you are able to do multiple at once.
- As you select people and add e-mail addresses, they will be moved below the tabbed module to the complete list of people to be sent invitations.
- Select “Member” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Send Invitations” when all people have been added to this list.
From the Roster menu option on your organization’s page:
To assign new positions to current members:
Click the pencil Icon to the right of the member> Check the box of the position> Click “Save”
- Access the Roster.
- Click on the pencil icon to the right of the member’s name.
- Check off the box(es) for the position(s) you would like assigned to the member. **Again, this cannot be used to assign Signatories or Agents, as this can only be done through the LEAD Center or ASUC Business & Finance.**
- Click “Save.”
To create new positions for current members:
Click “Manage Positions”> Click “+ Position”> Click “Create”
- Click on “Manage Positions” at the top right of the Roster page.
- Click on “+ Position” at the top left corner.
- Type in a Position Name and fill out the Access Management as desired. **This position is unique to ONLY your organization. You may NOT assign Signatories or Agents this way. If you wish to assign a Signatory or Agent, please reach out to the LEAD Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
- Click “Create”.
Go to Organization Page> Click on Roster> Click on “Prospective”> Click “Approve” next to the new member’s name
From the Roster page of your organization’s CalLink:
- Click on “Prospective.”
- Find the name for the new member you’d like to add.
- Click Approve next to the member’s name.
- If you wish to remain a member of a group’s roster, but no longer receive CalLink messages:
- Login and Click on your own Profile button at the upper right and click on it to propagate a sidebar.
- Click on “Account” under your name in the top right corner.
- Choose “Notifications.”
- You can choose to receive None, Organization Only, or Campus and Organization.
- Note there are other advanced settings at this page
- Login and Click on your own Profile button at the upper right and click on it to propagate a sidebar.
- If you wish to remain a member of a group’s roster, but leave the rosters of other organizations, or simply remove yourself from all Callink roster memberships at this time:
- Login and Click on your own Profile button at the upper right to propagate the sidebar.
- Choose “Memberships”
- Select Current Memberships
- Leave Organization(s) [Your membership in this organization’s roster remains archived for future reference]
- Login and Click on your own Profile button at the upper right to propagate the sidebar.
If you no longer have CalNet Authentication and cannot login to CalLink at this time, please email email@example.com and request your memberships be archived by our staff.
Positions that students can change
These students will have a blank section under their Roster positions. Explanations of how to be added onto an RSO’s roster can be seen above.
General Members do not have access to see the other Tabs (Finance, Roster, Documents, etc) listed on this page.
The LEAD Center does not designate this status to the person who in charge of an RSO. It is up to whoever takes charge of their RSO to change their own status on the CalLink Roster to reflect the transition of leadership positions.
Multiple members can be listed as President/Lead Organizer. If your RSO has a big exec board with multiple leadership position, see the “How do I add additional leadership positions?” tab on how to include your RSO’s various positions on your CalLink Roster.
Note: Just because you are listed as the President/Lead Organizer does not mean you are able to make class room reservations for your RSO. You must be a signatory have access to 25live and make a reservation. However, most President/Lead Organizers are signatories, given the nature of being a signatory. See the Signatory tab for more information.
During registration, the individual filling out the Registration Form gets updated to be listed as the Primary Contact. However, any Roster member who has a leadership position assigned to them that includes roster management privileges can change their RSO’s Primary Contact at any time.
It is very important to have a responsible person for this position as they will be the first one to get updated from the LEAD Center about things like registration, updates about RSO logistics and policies, and new resources available. They will also be notified about new students trying to be added onto the Roster as well as students requesting information about the organization.
To edit the Primary Contact:
- Access the roster using the previous FAQ as guidelines if necessary.
- Click on the small pencil in the upper right of the Primary Contact box on the left of the page
- Select any other member that is on the roster
Your RSO must be ASUC sponsored for this position designation to be important. A Financial Requestor has access to your org’s finances and can create a Purchase Request on your organization’s CalLink Finance Section, which puts the Purchase Request at Stage 1.
They can only create a Purchase Request. They cannot Stage 2 (approve) a purchase request. A Stage 2 Agent User would have to approve it. You can go through your CalLink Roster to see who is designated to do so.
In order to become a Financial Requestor, any Agent, Signatory, or member with a leadership position that has Roster management privileges within your organization would just designate the position to you on the Roster.
Any member with Roster management privileges can add additional leadership positions to the CalLink Roster. Many RSOs have large leadership boards and the “President/Lead Organizer” title may not work with every positions. Examples of created position titles include Social Media Chair, External/Internal Vice President, etc.
If you are anticipate listing the RSOs you are a part of in graduate school applications or resume for a job or internship, it is important to add yourself onto Rosters for RSOs you are a part of and list the positions you hold, since we use the Rosters as verification of participation in your organizations.
To create New Positions:
- Go to Roster Tab on CalLink
- Click the blue “Manage Positions” button on the top right corner of the page.
- Click the blue “+ Position” button on the top left hand corner.
- Create the new position. This involves naming the position and selecting position type and Roster management access.
Note: Asides from possible Roster management access, these created positions do not have additional access or abilities.
Positions that students will be designated
Signatories are the authorized representatives for an RSO. Every RSO is required to have a minimum of 4 signatories (maximum of 8). Signatories must complete the Signatory Certification Agreement every academic year (Signatory status from previous academic years does not transfer. People who have filled out the signatory form in Fall 2019 will continue to have signatory status for Spring 2020). The Signatory Certification Agreement outlines signatory responsibilities and university policies to which signatories and RSOs are held accountable. Signatory status does not transfer from previous academic years so that we may ensure that current signatories are aware of current and updated policies and procedures.
You must be listed as a signatory on your CalLink roster in order to make room reservations on 25live, so if you have issues with making reservations, please check your roster to see if you are first listed as a signatory. If you are not listed on the Roster, but you know you have turned in the Signatory Certification Form and it has been more than 5 business days, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
If you are a current signatory for an RSO and want to be added as a signatory for another RSO, please fill out this form so a LEAD Center member can update your status.
You will not be given this status unless you are a listed as a signatory on the roster. Two signatories from each organization must attend an in-person orientation. Signatory Orientations are 2 hours in length and include information about university policies & procedures, RSO resources such as funding and space, as well as information related to the health and well being of student leaders and members. Signatory Orientation dates and locations will be updated on callink.berkeley.edu/events.
Credit for attending a prior academic year Signatory Orientation does not transfer to the current year as content is updated each academic year (credit from attending an orientation in Fall 2019 will transfer to Spring 2020). Signatories must attend the entire orientation in order to receive credit for attending. Please bring your Cal1 ID card for attendance verification.
Your RSO must be ASUC sponsored for this position designation to be important. Agents are very important, because they are the only ones who can Stage 2 or approve a Purchase Request. Approval of a Purchase Request would involve confirming where the payment is being sent, payment amount, account being debited, and all the proper documentation is correct.
You only need to complete the Agent Certification Quiz once in your academic career in order to have Agent Status. If you after 5 business days you still do not see your Agent User access designated on your RSOs roster, please reach out to email@example.com about getting your status updated. If you are an Agent or were previously an agent for an RSO and want to be added to another, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your status updated.
Your RSO must be ASUC sponsored for this position designation to be important. Students who are a part of ASUC-Sponsored RSOs that have been assigned a space in MLK, ESH, and/or the Hearst Gym Cages or who are a part of Performing Arts RSOs who may need after-hours access to the Practice and Performance Spaces can apply for After Hours Access. Please review the process before submitting your ASUC Student Union After-Hours Access Request.
If you have space related concerns or questions about approval of your Callink form, please contact the ASUC Admin Office at email@example.com. If you have questions about the status of your request after it has been approved by the ASUC Admin Office, please contact SUFMO at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Access Request” in the subject.
This tab includes all of the finance information that your RSO needs to be financially successful. RSOs can choose to have their finances handled by the ASUC Business and Finance Office, which is located at 432A Eshleman Hall, which would require ASUC Sponsorship. More information about sponsorship can be found here. This tab is only visible to Financial Requestors, Agents, or other leadership members listed on your roster. See above how to get access to this tab.
Money in CalLink accounts is accessed by completing a purchase request.
- Complete a Purchase Request form on your organization’s CalLink Finance Section, which puts the Purchase Request at Stage 1. Note: multiple receipts for the same payee can be included on a single request.
- Have an ASUC or GA Agent in your organization login to CalLink and review the request/correct any errors. They approve the request by changing it to stage 2.
- Print the purchase request as a cover sheet and staple appropriate backing (see Types of Purchase Requests for more information) to it. Bring these paper copies to the LEAD Center.
- The LEAD Center staff reviews your request. In the case of Purchase Orders, PSA’s, and Stipends, the request will be forwarded to your advisor for review.
- All Purchase Requests are sent to the ASUC Student Union finance office. If no issues are found, they change the status in CalLink to Approved.
- Check or petty cash are available for pickup at the LEAD Center front desk for pickup by the payee, or mailed, depending on which expenditure action was selected on the CalLink purchase request.
If there are no issues, typical turnaround time for a payment is 10-14 business days.
- Make sure you are a ASUC/GA Agent User, Stage 2 on your CalLink Roster. If you are not listed as such, you will not be able to change the stage.
- Go to your org’s Finance tab and click the name of the purchase request listed Stage 1.
- Review the information to make sure everything is correct. This includes whether the check is to be picked up or mailed, payee address, and payee information.
- Click the blue “Change Stage” button on the top right hand corner of the page with the pencil icon.
- Click the “Stage” button on the right hand side, change it from Stage 1 to Stage 2, and press confirm.
- Print out the purchase request by clicking the print icon, attach the receipts, then turn it in at the LEAD Center, 432 Eshleman.
You may have two or more accounts in your CalLink finance tab.
Miscellaneous Funds are those raised by the group. They are not subject to spending timelines or restrictions (except in that they must be spent towards purchases reasonably within the organization’s scope, and they may not fund illegal activities or substances).
Programs Funds are monies allocated to your organization by the ASUC, either through the spring budgeting process, the contingency funding request, or grants. These funds are allocated on an annual basis (July 1 – June 30; money that isn’t spent during this time frame will be reappropriated by the ASUC) and are intended to help an organization meet its stated mission. These funds come with certain restrictions.
Trustee Accounts are similar to miscellaneous accounts in that they contain funds raised by the group. At the end of each fiscal year, any funds remaining in a miscellaneous account will be transferred to the trustee account.
GMER, Publication, and Grants Accounts are monies allocated to your organization by the GA. These funds are allocated each semester and money that isn’t spent before the indicated deadline will be re-appropriated by the GA (Round 1 in fall, Round 2 in spring). These funds are allocated according to the budget supplied in the funding application, and should only be spent on the line items approved in the Funding Allocation Report for that semester (plus or minus $10 per line item). If you need to make a change to your approved budget, you should contact the GA Funding Chair before proceeding.
Summary Accounts are not accounts with a balance, but rather a tally of your other accounts’ total balances. Please do not create purchase requests from summary accounts.
A few groups have additional accounts. If you do and you don’t know what they’re for, connect with your advisor.
See this guide to walk through common purchase request issues and how to solve them.
For anymore questions about Finances, check out this Finance Guide for a brief overview, the Fund Your Org and Manage Your Org pages for more in depth finance logistics, or reach out to the LEAD Center.
This section includes basic information about the RSO mission and goals. You can also check to see who your LEAD Center Advisor is at the bottom of this Tab.
- As a student interested in new orgs, this is a good way to find out about more RSOs.
- From an RSO perspective, you should update this section every semester during registration if anything has changed to you organization’s purpose, if your logo has changed, etc.
Posting your event on CalLink is free, easy, and reaches thousands of users across campus.
** Only primary contacts and officers of an organization can create events. **
Log in to Callink > Navigate to Org’s CalLink page > Choose “Events” > Choose “Create Event” > Enter Event Details > Upload Flyer > Review Event Policies > Save
- Log in to Callink and go to your organization’s page.
- Go to Events on the left side by opening up the sidebar.
- Click on “Create Event” in the top right corner of the Events page.
- Enter the Name, Location, Start Time, and End Time. These fields are required.
- Indicate if you’d like to include a Google map to the location of the event.
- Indicate if you’d like to include a link to the weather for the location of the event.
- Enter a brief description of the event.
- Attach a flyer to associate with your event. Supported files include image files (jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, gif, png, bmp), office files (xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, doc, docx, pub, rtf), and html, htm, mht and pdf. Files must be smaller than 4MB.
** If your event does not have a flyer, it will not appear on the Event Flyerboard on the main site. **
- Specify the type of event:
- Campus Only: Only visible to logged in users in Callink.
- Invitation Only: Only visible to those who were invited to the event.
- Organization Only: Only visible to the members of the organization associated with the event.
- Public: Visible to everyone.
- Select the appropriate Category from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
- Specify who can RSVP for the event:
- None: No one can RSVP to the event.
- Open: Anyone can RSVP to the event.
- Invite: Only those invited to the event can RSVP.
- Indicate if anyone is allowed to self-report attendance to this event.
- Include any Additional Information that may be required.
- Click “Save”.
**After choosing “Save” the event will be immediately visible in the Events feature of Callink. There is no campus admin approval required, but if a submitted event does not meet with campus guidelines, it is subject to removal from Callink site. Events posted to the callink.berkeley.edu community must abide by the following criteria:
- Event must be on-campus
- Event publicity must include the official name of a Registered Student Organization or ASUC Government Office/Program which will be responsible for the event
- Event must be in compliance with all UC Berkeley campus Policies (see http://campuslife.berkeley.edu/orgs/policy?)
- LEAD Center reserves the right to remove event listings at any time that may not appear to be in compliance with this criteria.
** You can review your event and its status under My Involvement > My Submissions > Events.
- Identify who you’d like to invite to the event: by username or e-mail address.
- Click on each User to invite, and they will be listed below.
- Type in the e-mail addresses of each person you’d like to invite. Click “Add E-mail Address”.
- Click “Send Invitations”.
If an RSO has any news articles that they want to highlight, that can be done here.
- Go to your organization’s sidebar.
- Go to “News” in the left navigation.
- Click on “Create Article”.
- Enter the Title, Summary, and the full Story (text) of the article. You can use the text editing features to customize the style of the Story of your article.
- Upload an image to be displayed with the Summary in the News ticker.
- Specify who can view the article.
- Click “Save Article”. Your article will automatically post to your organization’s wall
If you want to include any pictures from your RSO such as a picture from an event you put on, performances, or even just to help students get a better feel of your organization, you can put them in this section!
Go to Organization page> Click on the Gallery Tab> Choose “Create Album”>Add name of album> Add photos
Here you can upload photos and create albums for your organization.
- First click on the gallery tab on the left side of your organization’s home page.
- Click on Create Album
- Add a name for what you would like the album to be called and you can also add a description. Then click create album.
- Here you can add photos, to do so click add photos. You also have the option to edit the album and here you can change the name and who can see the album.
An RSO’s Constitution can be found under the Documents section. Any amendments to the Constitution must be sent to the LEAD Center at email@example.com before it can be updated on the RSOs CalLink page.
- Click on the Document Tab from the Org’s home page
- Click on Upload
- Click on Choose File, to upload any file and add the document title/description
- Choose document type
- Click Submit Request and your documents will be approved and uploaded
If your RSO has any Forms commonly used, such as permission slips and medical forms for minors to liability forms for your members to fill out, this is a good central location for members to be able to find them. You can create forms by clicking the blue button located on the top right hand corner.
- Click on Forms from your organization’s sidebar, then Manage Forms.
- Add the name, the amount of time the forms will be available, and who can submit these forms.
- Click on Save.
RSOs are able to have elections for their organizations any way they deem fit. They can also take advantage of the Elections aspect of CalLink by creating an Election by clicking the blue button on the top right hand corner. Students can customize the Election Form to pertain to their RSO’s needs.
- Go to your organization sidebar.
- Click on Elections on the left side of the page.
- Click the “Create Election” button.
- Identify the Name of the election, if it should include instructions, and any additional instructions that should be included.
- Indicate if the election should be active and the date range you’d like the election to be available during.
** Once the election is set to Active and it falls within the date range, a prompt will display on the main page of your community or organization-specific site for eligible users to vote. **
- Indicate if the election is for Members Only.
- Click “Save”.
You can create as many ballots as needed. Each ballot can be accessible to the general user population or any number of the eligibility lists. A user will see each ballot they are designated to see.
- Click “Create Ballot”.
- Enter the name of the ballot.
- Indicate if this ballot should be available to all users by clicking on Enable or Disable.
IF you Disable the General access, THEN:
- Indicate for each Eligibility List who should access this ballot:
- Allow: allows the users on the list can access the ballot
- Deny: users cannot access the ballot and supersedes an allow list
- Ignore: the list will not be used for the ballot
**Only your site administrators have access to create an eligibility list with a selected list of users who can vote in your election. You must reach out to your site administrator if you would like an eligibility list created for your organization election.
- Click “Save” when all access has been identified.