- Upper Sproul Plaza
- No tabling on the Mario Savio Steps or the red brick area directly in front of the steps (this is a fire lane)
- No tabling at Sather Gate without a reservation with Event Services
- North Gate
- Tolman Hall Breezeway
- Between Kroeber Hall and Boalt Law School
The space application and management process:
- You must be an ASUC Sponsored organization.
- Apply for space during the annual application process through the office of the ASUC Executive Vice President. This takes place during March or April. Decisions will be made in April. Final allocations are determined after applications and appeals are finalized.
- To gain access to your space, a member of your organization must attend a student space orientation, usually held in late April or early May.
- Move in/out day happens in May, or as facilitated by the ASUC EVP.
- Space is allocated on an annual basis – you must apply every year, and you may be asked to change or reduce your space, based on the discretion of the EVP’s office.
- A domain name
A benefit to being an RSO is that you’re eligible for a groupname.berkeley.edu domain name. There are two ways to apply for a groupname.berkeley.edu domain:
- Through the Open Computing Facility (OCF) The OCF also offers free hosting to student organizations, and they can help you install WordPress or other content management systems to help you more easily manage your website. Please note that they are NOT a web design service.
- By submitting an offsite hosting request. Please note that if you choose this option, you will have to purchase or provide hosting from a third party.
If your organization does not want, or is not eligible for, a groupname.berkeley.edu domain name, you can purchase domain names (e.g. www.groupname.com) from third party vendors. Note: If you choose to do this, you may not use University Trademarked names as part of your domain (e.g. Cal, Berkeley, Oski, etc.) without permission from the Office of Business Contracts and Brand Protection. If you’re setting up a website for your RSO, please make sure you’re familiar with the Student Organization Domain Name Guidelines.
University of California
432 Eshleman Hall, MC 4500
Berkeley, CA 94720-4500
RSO Constitutions, along with other important documents, information about finances, and the organization’s roster, can be found as a public document at the group’s CalLink page in the documents tab.
- Student Organizational Services (SOS): provides support to ASUC sponsored student organizations in the areas of finance, student spaces, technology, event services, and outreach. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ASUC archives
- Disability Student Accommodation Fund
- Space Reservation Funds
- ASUC Wiki
- Student Advocate
For more information on ASUC resources, contact the ASUC Secretariat.
Graduate Assembly resources include:
- Graduate Assembly Standing Committees
- Graduate Social Club
- Graduate Assembly Projects
- The Berkeley Graduate
- Graduate Student Wellness Guide
Additional resources include:
Signatories are University and LEAD Center authorized representatives of the organization that voluntarily assume responsibility for the activities and conduct of the organization. Signatories are responsible for ensuring that their RSOs:
- operate in alignment with university policies, including:
- use classrooms and other on-campus spaces responsibly
- are fiscally responsible and pays for any university or third party charges.
- have all the appropriate permits when hosting events
- meet all deadlines for registration
- sign up and participates in Calapalooza, CalDay, and other involvement opportunities
- fulfill the mission stated in your constitution
- provide a welcoming and supportive environment that provides social and educational opportunities to your members, the campus, and the community.
ASUC Sponsorship FAQs
- Eligibility to apply for ASUC Funding
- Eligibility to apply for special funds and grants (e.g. space reservation funds and AAVP grants)
- Eligibility to apply for office and storage space
- An on-campus mailing address
To apply for ASUC Sponsorship and/or funding, please fill out the form on the ASUC Senate’s CalLink page. Please note this form is only available during the fall and spring semesters when the Senate is in session.